Below are four types of programmable options, choose which is best for you.
7-day programming. Best for individuals or families with erratic schedules, since this is the most flexible option. It lets you program a different heating/cooling schedule for each day of the week.
5-1-1 programming.One heating/cooling schedule for the week, plus you can schedule a different heating/cooling plan for Saturday and Sunday.
5-2 programming. Same as 5-1-1 programming, except Saturday and Sunday will have the same heating/cooling plan.
1-week programming.You can only set one heating/cooling plan that will be repeated daily for the entire week.
Here are a few programming timing tips that can help you create the best set-it-and-forget-it cooling schedule for your home:
- For the hours you’re home, program A-C to 78°F.
- Program it to be warmer than usual when you're out of the house.
- Shut down A-C 20 to 30 minutes before you leave home each day.
- Turn on A-C 20 to 30 minutes before you come home each day.
- Reduce the cooling 60 minutes before you go to sleep each night.
- Increase cooling about 30 minutes before you wake up each morning.
- Spend time tweaking your program for a few days to make sure it feels right.
Metro Electric is your go-to for all your home electrical installations. Find out how you can bundle service installs to get the most for your dollar! Schedule your service request today.
TIP: With a Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat, you can control your home’s temperature while on the go. That way, you’re not wasting energy if you’re running late or forgot to create a new program before going on vacation.