Metro Connect -

Staying Connected to our Customers


Candle With Care

Candles are pretty to look at and they often emit a scent that can drive the mood in your home. While we see candles as a mood enhancer in our homes, they first are a cause of home fires — and home fire deaths. It’s our job to remind you, a candle is an open flame that can easily ignite anything nearby.

When burning candles, make sure that you…

  • Keep candles at least one foot away from anything that can burn.
  • Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily.
  • Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface.
  • Light candles carefully. Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame.
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container.
  • Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home.
  • Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
  • Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed.
  • Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.

match lighting candle

Candles and Kids: Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles. Never leave a child alone in a room with a burning candle. Keep matches and lighters up high and out of children’s reach, in a locked cabinet.

Like this post: