Overloading Your Home

February 1, 2017
Overloading Your Home Feature Image
According to the National Fire Protection Association, 47,000 home fires in the United States are caused by electrical failure or malfunction each year. One of the major causes of residential fires is overloaded electrical circuits. But how can you tell when your circuit is overloaded?

Find out below!

  • Electrical Shocks
    A mild shock or tingling from appliances, receptacles or switches can be a sign that there is a ground fault in the appliance or improper electrical wiring. You should take this electrical shock seriously and call a certified Metro Electric Electrician.
  • Burning Odor
    A burning smell is a serious issue that could indicate the beginning of an electrical fire. As soon as you notice a burning odor, turn the power off at the electrical panel immediately. The problem may be a faulty device, but it also may be a wiring or overload problem. Be sure to contact Metro Electric to inspect the problem.
  • Blinking or Dimming Lights
    At first, it may seem as though a flickering light might be a sign of a loose or faulty light bulb, but if replacing the bulb doesn’t solve the problem, then calling Metro Electric is your next step. The connections to the fixture or your home electric wiring may be loose; this electrical problem requires a professional diagnosis.

URGENT: If your home is showing any of these symptoms then it might be time for an upgrade.

Give Metro Electric a call at 586.336.9121!